Weaker in Review™
- Police are furious after photos of a bloody, pistol-whipped Alabama police detective showed up online along with encouraging messages — for the attack. “There is a saying that ‘he who hesitates is lost’ and that’s why [the detective] lost, because he hesitated,” he told AL.com. “If the officers on the streets were not in fear of losing their jobs, it wouldn’t have gotten to the point it did yesterday. Officers are second-guessing every move because they’re afraid they’re going to be judged, by the media and by the public.” http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/09/if-the-tables-were-turned-they-would-be-rioting-cops-outraged-after-photos-of-bloody-pistol-whipped-detective-posted-online-with-support-for-attack/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Firewire&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%208-10-15%20Build-MON
- A father reportedly allowed his 20-year-old daughter to drown to death because he was concerned about her being touched by men outside her family, according to a Dubai news site. Quoting a top police official, Emirates 24/77 reported Sunday that the man got in the way of lifeguard rescue attempts on a Dubai beach in order to prevent her modesty from being violated.“He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man,” http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/10/dubai-police-say-man-stopped-lifeguards-from-saving-drowning-daughter-because-he-didnt-want-her-honor-violated/
- Labor Union With 90 Percent Female Membership Makes 2016 Endorsement – and It’s Not Hillary Clinton http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/10/labor-union-with-90-percent-women-membership-makes-2016-endorsement-and-its-not-hillary-clinton/
- My thoughts: Trump is saying many of the things that everyone thinks our candidates should have been asking for years. I just wish he was more diplomatic- not political (we don’t trust what politicians say). However, I do believe it is a Democratic gamble and he will go third party and suck away enough votes to get the democratic candidate –Bernie Sanders- elected. In which case the United States of America will cease to exist.
- Mexican immigrants send $20 billion back to Mexico every year — more than the U.S. sends to that country in direct foreign aid. Contrary to repeated assertions that fences don’t work (by the Times, as well as a slew of Republicans, such as former Texas governor Rick Perry), after Israel completed a fence along its border in 2013, the number of illegal aliens entering the country dropped to zero. Fully half of the fires on federal or tribal land investigated by the Government Accountability Office, where a cause could be determined, were set by illegal immigrants. (For suggesting as much, Sen. John McCain was denounced as a racist on MSNBC and in The Washington Post.)
- Bill and Hilarious Clinton are rumored to be paying $100,000 to rent a vacation home in the Hamptons later this month, the New York Post reported Thursday night. The whopping $100,000 price tag is nearly double the median household income, according to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau which puts it at $53,000. I’m glad she represents the poor and middle class so well.