Random Oddservations™ Once again we are in a political situation where the so-called leaders are talking about each other and not about the problems we want to elect them to solve.
Weaker in Review™
- Did you know poorly designed laws that over regulate production raise consumer prices. The complicated federal fuel-efficiency regulations, called Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards, add $3,800 to the cost of a new vehicle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_Average_Fuel_Economy
- Controversy has flared up in South Dakota this week over whether biological males who identify as female should have access to girls’ bathrooms, lockers, and showers in schools. In the wake of the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage, the left has shifted its attention to the issue of gender identity. The Department of Education has been going around the country threatening local schools with revocation of federal education funding if they do not treat students according to their “internal sense of gender.” The Department of Education has reinterpreted bans against sex discrimination in Title IX—a civil rights statute passed almost 45 years ago—to now cover gender identity and has used this sleight-of-hand to intimidate schools at all levels. http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/19/what-locker-rooms-should-boys-who-identify-as-girls-be-allowed-to-change-in-south-dakotas-answer-respects-all
- According to data published by the IRS and the U.S. Census Bureau, 44.2 percent of U.S. residents paid no federal income tax in 2013 (the most recent year for which data is available). No doubt many of the non-payers would willingly pay income tax in exchange for the chance to work in a more dynamic economy that generated more and better jobs. But our labor market has been hobbled by government regulations, cronyism, government power grabs, a tax code nobody understands, and federal waste. http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/17/still-almost-half-of-us-residents-pay-no-federal-income-tax.
Describing ilLiberals by the D’s:
We have discussed DECEIVE, DECEIT, DISTORT. Now we deal with DESTROY
To cause (something) to end or no longer exist: to cause the destruction of (something): to damage (something) so badly that it cannot be repaired.
Where do we start with liberals destroying freedom in America? The greatest experiment in freedom in history called America? Whether you believe America is an exceptional country or not, this experiment called “freedom” has been historical. And it is being destroyed as we speak. Whether from high taxation, EPA regulations, the “man made” climate change hoax, IRS harassment, presidential executive orders (I have a pen and phone), freedom is being destroyed in America. Liberals may love America, just not the America that represents freedom, liberty and opportunity. America and socialism just don’t go together. The “idea” of America is for human freedom and the pursuit of happiness and success without the “heavy” hand of government influence. And we definitely have a heavy hand of government and it’s only getting worse.
Rock-It™ Roxy Music. Listened to all the albums. They had some very risqué covers for the time. Not great music but very innovative and experimental for the time.
The Correct Side of the Story
- Debunking ilLiberal Intellectual Dishonesty. I have to refute two memes that have been reposted to my Facebook page by several individuals. https://larrythecontrarian.wordpress.com/2016/02/21/debunking-illiberal-intellectual-dishonesty/
- Does anybody know what “conservative principles” are. The Heritage Foundation has produced a 258 page E-Book that you can download that discusses the basics of conservatism and what they believe are conservative answers to all the problems that currently face this nation. Some of the general ideas are:
- All Americans Would Be Better Off if America Were Governed According to Conservative Principles.
- Conservatives Want to Limit Government in Order to Grow Civil Society.
- Conservatives Want to Build an America Where Freedom, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Civil Society Flourish.
- Conservatives Are More “Progressive” than Progressives.
- Conservatism Is More Innovative than Progressivism.
- Conservatives Aim to “Secure the Blessings of Liberty to Ourselves and Our Posterity.”
To read more about these points and to educate yourself instead of listening to the lamestream media go to www.heritage.org and request the copy. It takes 24 hours for them to email it to you.
- I have several friends that absolutely swear that the moon landings were faked in a Hollywood studio or filmed in the dessert around Yuma. Yet they go gaga and ogle over the artist renditions of the various images from the various space telescopes as if they were the “gospel truth.” We will get into a discussion of them after I finish the massive article on Young Age Earth YAE (although I prefer Young Earth Age-YEA), and another article in progress on evolutionary biology and the theory that meets the most causality.