Random Oddservations™ “I was in high school the last time I made minimum wage. I earned my first pay bump by coming to work a few minutes early, wearing my uniform, completing the menial tasks assigned to me, and displaying a very slight, but sometimes moderate, enthusiasm for my mundane job. To really solidify my chances at a raise, I refrained from stealing, insulting customers (to their faces), or smoking weed behind the dumpster out back (I generally got loaded before I went to work). I stayed heroically committed to this strategy for a while, and for my efforts, I was elevated above minimum wage, never to return.
But that was the ancient past. Over forty-five years ago. Back then, there were only two ways for a minimum wage fast food grunt to change his financial situation: 1) Be a semi-functional, semi-punctual, semi-conscious human who does his duty and has a vaguely positive attitude, and get a raise. 2) Don’t be that, and get fired.
Note that the second strategy would rarely result in immediate termination. I worked with many people who were aggressively dysfunctional, yet managed to cling onto employment for months because they were, at a minimum, warm bodies who could cut a pizza into 8 slices without severing an artery in the process (usually). Sometimes even these types would get raises, although eventually they would quit when they realized more responsibility comes attached to more money. Most of these people are now on welfare or in Congress.”
Weaker in Review™
- In defense of my beliefs, I have had to defend many statements (made incorrectly) by non-believers. Therefore, I decided to reproduce the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy. As always, I have some disagreements with some of the statements (and have and will discuss them in the appropriate venue), but I am in agreement with the overall statement. https://iamnotanatheist.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/chicago-statement-on-biblical-inerrancy/
- I am not finished yet, but am working on a lengthy rebuttal to the hilarious attempt by non-believers in developing and accepting as true the so-called “Gospel of ‘Q’”. Should be ready by weekend.
Describing ilLiberals by the D’s: We have discussed DECEIVE, DECEIT, DISTORT DESTROY, DIVERSION and now DEMONIZE
To represent as evil or diabolical. Saul Alinsky, in his book “Rules For Radicals”, talks about demonizing political opponents. Get “out front” before any positive information comes out on your opponents and place doubt in the public’s mind about your opponent. Liberals did that to Romney in the summer of 2012 in Ohio when Romney was not spending ad money in the state. It was effective. Not the truth, but effective (as if liberals care about the truth). Liberals have demonized the Tea Party as well. The Tea Party started as an organization that cared about fiscal policy and government overreach. In other words, government spending what government takes in. After the Tea Party’s success in the 2010’s congressional elections, liberals worked to demonize the organization. Many good conservative individuals would “shy away” from talking favorably about the Tea Party since they did not want to face ridicule from liberals.
Rock-It™ Amboy Dukes The band that Ted Nugent started out with. They were great, Ted by himself – not so good, but passable.
The Correct Side of the Story
- I posted my response on the facebook page on 4/4/16 and as of 4/19/16, no response has been made. If I were egotistical, I would say I stumped them. However, there could be several reasons, some good- some not, for the lack of response. Total article is at: https://iamnotanatheist.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/fb-no-such-thing-as-resurrection/
- The Los Angeles City Council is not currently planning to discuss further a proposal exempting union members from the southern California city’s new minimum wage, despite the proposal having the backing of labor unions. The California Policy Center said that there is validity to Hicks’ argument of wanting to allow workers to secure other benefits in exchange for a wage lower than $15 an hour. (Such as free insurance, meals, less than a 40-hour week, paternity leave, child care and anything else they can squeeze out of the business). http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/15/la-city-council-halts-discussion-of-minimum-wage-exemption-pushed-by-labor-unions/
- Ben Sasse, R-Neb., introduced a bill Thursday that would force the Obama administration to deposit $5 billion in the Treasury by 2017 as required under Obamacare’s reinsurance program or face steep cuts to its departmental management fund this year and next year. Republican lawmakers have criticized the Obama administration for using the transitional reinsurance program to bail out insurance companies after it prioritized $3.5 billion in reinsurance payments to insurers instead of the taxpayers. http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/14/ben-sasse-introduces-bill-requiring-hhs-to-pay-5-billion-to-treasury-required-under-obamacare-program
Whole grains factor into every global cuisine, yet most of us could benefit from getting more of these nutritious gems into our daily diet. Unlike the refined white flour in most processed food, whole grains contain plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals, while being low in calories. Besides being great for your health, whole grains come in a diverse array of rich, nutty flavors and satisfying textures. http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/seasonal-recipes/whole-grains-recipes-cooking-nutrition-guide.aspx