Random Oddservations.™ Haven’t posted for awhile, a bunch of family medical problems to take care of. Then, I had to mentally deal with my doctors prognosis of future medical problems I will have. Then my Dragon Speak microphone cord broke. Years ago, I would have taken it apart and re-soldered it, not able to do that anymore. So was finally able to save the money to order a new one. Much easier to dictate for me than to try to type.
In lieu of all the sides of heads being shaved lately and both men’s and women’s hair rising to new heights, I remember a saying my dad told me, “Never trust someone whose hair defies gravity.”
Weaker in Review™
- Three instructors co-teaching an online course called “Medical Humanities in the Digital Age” recently told their students through an email that climate change is not up for debate and those who think it is should not enroll in the course. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/31/professors-ban-students-from-debating-climate-change-in-university-of-colorado-course
- Let’s concede at the outset that many students find their college years enlightening and enriching. But something is rotten in the state of academia, and it is increasingly hard not to notice. Harvard’s former president, Derek Bok, mildly broke ranks with the academic cheerleaders when he noted that, for all their many benefits, colleges and universities “accomplish far less for their students than they should.” Too many graduates, he admitted, leave school with the coveted and expensive credential “without being able to write well enough to satisfy employers … [or] reason clearly or perform competently in analyzing complex, nontechnical problems.” http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/29/the-dumbing-down-of-college-curriculums
Describing ilLiberals by the D’s: We have discussed DECEIVE, DECEIT, DISTORT DESTROY, DIVERSION, DELUSION, DESPICABLE, DEVIANT, DEVOID and DEMOLISH. So how about DEPLORABLE
Adjective Very bad in a way that causes shock, fear, or disgust: deserving censure or contempt.
The manner by which liberals “push” the climate change agenda upon the American people is deplorable. A person would need to be extremely narcissistic to believe humans can alter the climate of the earth. We were told in 1997 that the polar ice caps at the North Pole would be gone by 2004. That sure did not happen. Let us face it. It is all about money and power. Those who deny the existence of “man made” climate change are denied grants for research and for their livelihood. And nobody wants to be called a “climate denier”. Right? Well, no, not all of us. And do we really think Mexico, China, Brazil, and Russia will go along? No. Just another effort to bring down America and make it like the rest of the world. Just another attempt at socialism and the utopia, which we are told, will happen. A hoax. lie. And many believe it. See # 2 above for just one instance.
Rock-It™ Florence and the Machine. What a voice she has and the band members seem to change a bit but they produce very good music. She sounds like a cross between Kim Carnes and Annie Lennox, and the band is as good as Big Brother and The Holding Company supporting Janis Joplin.
The Correct Side of the Story
- “In giving this trumped-up case list to Politifact, the Obama administration made one thing quite clear: It is trying to mislead the public. For all of its talk, it has filed far fewer lawsuits to enforce the Voting Rights Act than the Bush administration did,” the commentary said. The National Conference of State Legislatures documents that 34 states have laws requesting or requiring voters to show identification at polls. Thirty-three are in force for 2016.“The remaining 17 states use other methods to verify the identity of voters. Most frequently, other identifying information provided at the polling place, such a a signature, is checked against information of file.” http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/supremes-kill-popular-voter-id-law-in-4-4-ruling/
- The broadcast networks have refused to cover the repeated failures of ObamaCare in 2016. During the entire year, ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News have yet to give the floundering program any coverage at all, while CBS Evening News only found time to cover two of the ObamaCare updates – and that only added up to 2 minutes and 18 seconds of coverage for the entire year. To put that in perspective, these same three evening news shows managed to find 46 minutes and 49 seconds to dedicated to Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte running afoul of Brazilian police. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mike-ciandella/2016/08/31/abc-nbc-ignore-all-obamacare-failures-2016-cbs-barely-covers
- It was, ironically, lesbian activist and writer Dorothy Allison who once wrote, “Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.” In validation of this truism, a series of new peer-reviewed studies have just been released that serve to utterly debunk and deconstruct key “progressive” homosexual-activist talking points. http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mbarber/160829